Wednesday, October 06, 2010

RNID name change

Action on Hearing Loss
I've just received the new issue of the RNID magazine one in seven, which announces the new campaigning name for this charity: Action on Hearing Loss. It is a good change in that it does capture the essense of what the RNID is about, and it is much better than the current confusing set of initials (my bank for example seems to think that I'm paying my membership subscription to the RNIB - but I've checked and despite getting the name wrong they are sending my money to the right place!)

However the new name is still rather a mouthful; I don't know what the other options were but I would have quite liked HearingAid, or DeafAid or even DeafAction. I am not personally a BSL user, but I hope the redesigned logo will find a way to incorporate a stylised combination of the signs for 'deaf' and 'action'.

Anyway there will be an opportunity to comment on proposed changes to the logo, colours and fonts through an online survey open from Monday 18 October to Sunday 29 October at www.rnid.org.uk/brand2.

Matthew

No comments: